You have the right to carry one piece of hand baggage weighing no more than 10 kgs the total of three dimensions of which is no more than 115cm. If for reasons of volume inside the passenger compartments, your hand baggage is taken away upon boarding, it will be put in the hold and a receipt will be given to you.
Baggage allowance for checking: "Piece Concept "
From the1st november 2011, the baggage allowance based on the "Piece Concept" will apply on all flights operated by Royal Air Maroc. It means that each adult passenger will be allowed to check one or two baggage according on the destination he will fly to and on the booking class.
This baggage allowance is indicated on the travel memo under the following code: PC
|Destinations||Economy Class||Premium Class|
All Royal Air Maroc flights except North America- Africa-Lybie-Egypt-Saudi Arabia-Lebanon
1 baggage of 23 kg
| 2 baggages of 23 kg each
North America- Africa-Lybie-Egypt-Saudi Arabia-Lebanon-Turkey
| 2 baggages of 23 kg each
||3 baggages of 23 kg each
SAFAR FLYER (Silver - Gold -Ambassador) for all destinations
|+ One baggage additional of 23 kg||+ one baggage additional of 23 kg|
- Baggage allowance for children (CHD) is the same as for adults.
- Baggage allowance for babies under 2 years old is: one baggage of 10Kgs maximum
From 1st November 2011, charges will be based on the “Piece Concept” it means that it will be applied for each piece of luggage presented over the authorized allowance. These charges depending on the luggage system are available on all routes operated by Royal Air Maroc.
Piece Concept system :
Charges for Excess baggage vary according to the destination and the number of additional luggage the passenger want to check:
- Any flight except between Turkey and Africa on the one hand and to North America on the other hand
|Baggage Allowance||Domestic Destination||Medium-Haul Destination||Long-Haul Destination|
|1st piece additional (until 23 kg)*||550 DHS||55€ / 550 DHS||150€ / 150 USD / 150 CAD /1500 DHS|
|Second piece additional (until 23 kg)*||1000 DHS||150€ / 1500 DHS||250€ / 250 USD / 250 CAD / 2500 DHS|
|Third piece additional (and more)(until 23 kg)*||1500 DHS||150€ / 1500 DHS||350€ / 350 USD / 350 CAD / 3500 DHS|
* Exceeding weight by
-piece (between 23kg and 32 kg maximum)
-size (between 158 and 203 cm)
|550 DHS||55€ / 550 DHS||100€ / 100 USD / 100 CAD / 1000 DHS|
Domestic destination: All flights on domestic Moroccon routes
Medium-Haul: All flights to and from France / Europe / Maghreb except Lybie
Long-Haul: All flights to and from North America / Afrique /Moyen Orient / Lybie
These funds will be cash for each additional baggage not exceeding 23kgs.
For a luggage which the addition of dimensions exceeds 203cm and/or the weight is between 23kg and 32kg, a prior approval is required for the acceptation on board and 55 EUR or 550 Dirhams from Morocco must be cash for both allowance and excess.
- Between Africa and Turkey
|Of the first baggage on the 5th extra luggage ( up to 23 kgs)||150 €|
6th extra luggage ( up to 23 kgs)
7th extra luggage ( and + ) ( up to 23 kgs)
Overrun by weight/ dimension
- From and to North America
Taxation for each additional baggage
|Taxation overrun by weight/dimension|
|Departure Morocco||1500 MAD||500 MAD|
Departure Europe/ Algeria/ Tunisia/ Middle East/ Africa
|150 €||50 €|
|150 USD||50 USD|
|150 CAD||50 CAD|
CANADA toward MIDDLE EAST
|160 CAD||50 CAD|
|CANADA TO AFRICA||190 CAD||50 CAD|
- Bicycle: Bicycle transport is not included in the bagage allowance (see taxation sports equipment) they are accepted in hold bagage only. The pedals should be dismounted or ski lifts on the inside. The wheels can be removed and attached to each side of the frame, the tires remain inflated.
- Gasoline Engine : The transport of the gasoline engine is not included in the baggage allowance .The mopeds, motorcycles, portable generators as well as any gear with a gasoline engine are accepted to the air transport subject that the entire fuel system (carburetor, fuel tank, pump and plumbing) is totally dries. All non-dries will be refused registration.
- Feed oil : The transport of oil in the hold and in the passenger compartments aboard RAM flights is Prohibited.
- Television set : Transport of bare television sets is prohibited, regardless of the dimensions. A solid package is mandatory.
They can be accepted in the passenger compartment but must constitute the only compartment baggage authorized (115 cm). In the hold, they will be given an "admitted under reservations" label
- Weapons and ammunition : Hunting rifles, guns and revolvers for sports competitions are not allowed in the passenger compartment, and can be transported in the baggage hold only.
Weapons (unloaded), escorts accompanying deported or expelled passengers. The weight thereof is included in the allowance.
Acceptance thereof is subjected to the rules of entry into the country of departure, transit and destination.
- Battery-run Wheelchairs : They are accepted provided that the battery is solidly secured to the chair and that the 2 battery terminals are disconnected and isolated by the application of adhesive tape. However, if a non-spillable battery is completely enclosed within a case or compartment integral to the design of the wheelchair, then the battery terminals do not need to be disconnected.
Items forbidden on board:
Aboard Royal Air Maroc flights, the following items are forbidden to be carried on your person or in your baggage:
Items prohibited in passenger compartment and in baggage:
• Explosives, ammunition, firecrackers, fireworks, rockets, etc.
• Toxic products or etiologic agents
• Radioactive materials
• Magnetized materials.
• Paint, Oil, Flammable materials, matches (except for personal use).
• Corrosive, Oxidizing, Irritating, Acid, moist batteries, sodium or potassium, mercury items
• Compressed gas, camping gas heaters.
Items prohibited in passenger compartment:
• Carrying of any firearms, bladed weapons or any cutting objects are strictly forbidden in the passenger compartment.
Late baggage - Undelivered baggage
Should your luggage be missing upon arrival, report this immediately - before leaving the airport- at the Luggage Assistance desk. A Property Irregularity Report will be filled in into a world tracing system called Worldtracer. A file number will be given and you will be able to follow what is happening over the Internet. Rest assured that the RAM employees will do their utmost to be of help.
If upon reception of your baggage you notice that your baggage has been opened or deteriorated, get in touch immediately with our Baggage Service.
Advice concerning baggage:
Write your name and address inside and outside the baggage.
Don’t place any important documents or objects of value in the checked in baggage.
Peel off the old labels.
Keep the baggage stubs and labels provided upon check-in.
For reasons of security, we advise passengers to refrain from accepting carrying or overseeing suitcases or packages handed over by third parties.
|Particular Passenger||Baggage allowance||Additionnel Baggage||Service Fee|
|Infant||10 kgs||Folding stroller or basket|
|Passenger with reduced mobility||to refer to Baggage allowance table||Wheelchair or other mobility aid||In case of excess : refer to Excess Baggage Table|
|Passenger transporting dog guides||to refer to Baggage allowance table||Dog guides||In case of excess : refer to Excess Baggage Table|
|Passenger transporting Golf bag||to refer to Baggage allowance table||First equipment until 23 kgs||-Fee for second equipment as for first additional piece (cf excess table)
- Fee for third equipment as for second additional piece (cf Excess table)
|Passenger transporting other sport equipment *||to refer to Baggage allowance table||Fee as additional baggage (cf Excess table)|
* Sport equipment are as following: Water skiing, fishing tackles, weapons,equipment of diving with bottle,pole for jump with the pole,bicycle tandem, board of surfing,board with veil,plane delta, parapente and canoe.
NOTE: For any overrun by weight or dimension:
- Excess weight by baggage ( between 23 and 32 kg Maximum )
- Dimension ( between 158 and 203 cm ), the charge is done in the same way as for the baggage ( c. f table on page 2).The total sum of the dimensions of the sports equipment is authorized to 3 meters maximum, in this case, apply 2 times the taxation of overrun in dimension ( 203 to 300 cm).
|Particular Passenger||Baggage allowance||Service Fee|
|Passenger travelling with pet in cabin||to refer to Baggage allowance table||
Fee for pet in cabin as additional baggage
|Passenger travelling with an animal out of compartment**||to refer to Baggage allowance table||Fee for animal out of compartment as additional baggage **|
|Passenger on stretcher with safety assistant||one additional piece for each passenger||In case of excess : refer to Excess Baggage Table|
|Extra seat and additional baggage in cabin||one additional piece||In case of excess : refer to Excess Baggage Table|
** If the weight of an animal out of compartment is until 23 kgs , fee will be as for first additional piece (cf excess baggage table)
-If the weight of an animal out of compartment is between 23 and 46 kgs , fee will be as for first and second additional piece (cf excess baggage table)
-If the weight of an animal out of compartment is between 47 and 69 kgs , fee will be as for first, second and third additional piece (cf excess baggage table)
-If the weight of an animal out of compartment is between 70 and 75 kgs , fee will be as for first, second, third and fourth additional piece (cf excess baggage table)
-If the weight of an animal out of compartment is more than 75 kgs , it must be transported in freight
By exception, some articles may be transported:
Pacemakers implanted after operation. Medicines and toiletries, necessary or useful during the trip, transported in the cabin baggage or bunker:
For flights from the airports of North America and of the European Union, the transport of some products in the cabin is subject to measures of following restrictions:
- The liquid medicines (insulin, syrups ... ) are accepted on presentation of a prescription on behalf of the passenger.
- The liquid and the tubes of creams not exceeding 100ml must be put in bags in plastic transparent of 20cm to 20cm.
- The dry ice used for the packaging of perishable foodstuffs in carry-on baggage, and whose the limit is 2kgs.
-Alcoholic Drinks (not exceeding 70° of alcohol), perfumes, colognes, whose net quantity of the alcoholic liquid from each container does not exceed 5l, and that the total net quantity of perfume or Cologne water transported by each passenger does not exceed 2l and that the net quantity of each article must not be greater than 0.5 l.
- Articles of smoking for the personal use of the passenger, transported on his person. However, are prohibited on fuel for lighter and the replacement cartridges as well as the lighters containing unabsorbed liquid fuel.
|Pets||Only dogs cats and birds allowed||
One additional baggage (See Excess baggage)
Free for Safar Flyer Gold
If the baby is not occupying a seat, the fare is equal to 10% of the fare paid by the accompanying party
If the baby occupies a seat, the fare will be the same as for children of 2 to 12 years of age
(2-12 years old)
|Magic Universe. Special care meals suited for your kids and a choice of toys||
Reduction granted based on the adult fare
Same fare than a normal adult rate for round trip travel
|Accompanied Children or babies (0-12 years old)||
Assistance at the airport, on board and during connections
Ensuring your child’s safety and comfort
|In case of several children under 8 years of age of the same family, only the ticket of the oldest children are issued at the normal fare of an adult round trip.|
|Unaccompanied Children (2-12 years old)||
UM (Unaccompanied Minor 4-8 years) treatment which signifies permanent surveillance by the flight personnel from check-in to delivery of the child at the place of destination
50 EUR per reservation for direct flight
100 EUR per reservation for connecting flight
Animals in Passenger Compartment
Pets (dogs, cats, birds) are accepted in cabin if the following conditions are fulfilled:
This service will be paying from 1st September 2008
• The passenger must mention the animal upon reserving his/her ticket.
• The animal must not weigh more than 5kg including the container (except dogs for the blind or deaf).
• The animal must be put in a solid container (crate, cage or basket) provided with air vents. The total dimensions must not exceed 115 cm (55 x 40 x 20 cm).
• Animals transported must be accompanied with the requisite documents such as health, vaccination certificates or entry and transit permits.
Animals in Cargo Compartment
To be accepted, the animal must obligatorily be placed in a container providing all safety guarantees (sturdy, watertight floor, closure, aeration) suited to the size of the animal.
• The container must have attached a tag bearing mention of name and address of the owner.
• Damaged containers will not be accepted at check-in (closing devise in good condition).
• No hay or straw may be put in the container.
• The passenger must make mention of animal transport upon reserving his/her ticket.
• If the animal is accepted as luggage and transported in a crate its food will not be included in the baggage allowance. It will count as excess baggage for which the passenger shall pay the fare due.
• Seeing-eye dogs and the crates they travel in, along with their food and accompanying the impaired vision, hard of hearing or physically handicapped will be carried in addition to the baggage allowance in compliance with the Forwarding Agent’s regulations.
The acceptance to transport animals can be granted provided the passenger takes on full responsibility. The forwarding agent in no way shall be liable for wounds, loss, delays, illness or the death of such animals if the entry or transit thereof is refused by a country, Government or territory.
The animal transported in its case containing its food is not included in the passenger’s luggage allowance but will constitute an excess luggage for which the passenger will pay the applicable tariff
Children and babies are welcome on Royal Air Maroc flights. Very attractive fares are offered depending on the type of flight and Magic Universe services desired.
Babies (0-2 years)
Unless otherwise specified, the fare for babies under 2 years of age not occupying a seat is equal to 10% of the fare paid by the accompanying party. If the baby occupies a seat, the fare will be the same as for children of 2 to 12 years of age.
Children (2 to 12 years)
For children over 2 years old and under 12 the date the trip begins, a reduction granted based on the adult fare and the child can occupy an individual seat. This reduction varies depending on the destination and fare applied. In some instances of special offerings, this reduction is not applied.
Children under 12 but at least 8 years old at the date of the outgoing journey, can travel alone provided a disclaimer of responsibility is signed by the parents or legal guardian. Children under 8 are not accepted to travel alone. They have to be accompanied by another passenger at least 15 years old, except in the mentioned above circumstance. When the passenger is not the father, mother or legal guardian, a duly signed certificate stating acceptance of responsibility for the child for the duration of the flight, shall be required.
Exception: Children fewer than 8 and over 4 on direct flights (no connections) can be accepted to travel alone but only provided there are no more than three children travelling on the same plane in these conditions. To do this, the child or children must be mentioned upon reserving.
They will benefit from UM (Unaccompanied Minor) treatment which signifies permanent surveillance by the flight personnel from check-in to delivery of the child at the place of destination. An identification packet is given to the child and the accompanying party must fill out a " UM travel form", that has to be signed upon arrival by the individual awaiting the child at the airport. That individual must obligatorily a currently valid personal I.D. document and sign the " UM travel form".
Children or Babies accompanied by Hostess
For transport of a baby or child by a hostess, the application must be made no later than four working days prior to the date of departure.
The ticket will be used at the normal adult rate for round trip travel corresponding to the journey for which the child is accompanied by a hostess. When a hostess is requested for several children under 8 years of age of the same family, only the ticket of the oldest children are issued at the normal fare of an adult round trip. Tickets for other children regardless of their age shall be issued for the fare applicable to children 2 years of age or more.
|| To Morocco
|| From Morocco
TICKET OFFICE SERVICE FEE
60 $ / 15£ / 25€
960 dhs (premium)
PHONE RESERVATION FEE
|15$ / 10€||100 dhs|
ONLINE SERVICE FEE
| 4£ / 5 €
|| 50 dhs