Royal Air Maroc hopes to help you any way possible and make your trip more enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Find out about our special services. Find all the useful information to plan your trip with confidence and advice from Royal Air Morocco to travel with peace of mind.Pregnant women
Pregnant women are accepted on Royal Air Maroc lines up to the eighth month of pregnancy at the beginning of their trip.
The passenger must be provided with a medical certificate from a gynaecologist stating the stage of her pregnancy.
A disclaimer must also be signed by the passenger.Newborn babies
Air travel is not recommended for newborns during the first 7 days after birth.Premature Babies
Royal Air Maroc has incubators for transporting premature babies in the best conditions and agrees to transport them with an accompanying person, after medical approval and an additional examination by the company doctor. Special rates will be applied.
Three tickets will be issued :
- A ticket for the baby: A 50% reduction on the normal adult economy fare.
- A ticket for the baby: A 50% reduction on the normal adult economy fare.
- A third normal adult first class fare issued in the name of the baby
Royal Air Maroc pays particular attention to passengers with reduced mobility and ensures optimum comfort, safety and support during the trip.
We request that you inform us in advance regarding any disability you have and the level of assistance you require so that we can best accommodate your needs.New U.S. regulations for the transport of passengers with reduced mobility
Royal Air Maroc offers a wide range of services tailored to your needs (motor/auditory/visual or mental) to facilitate each step of your trip :
Royal Air Maroc offers a wide range of services tailored to your needs (motor/auditory/visual or mental) to facilitate each step of your trip: booking, boarding and disembarkation with the help of our dedicated staff, services and assistance on board.
These services are available when travelling on Royal Air Maroc flights to and from the United States.
New U.S. regulations:
- The new U.S. regulation 14 CFR 382 applies to all flights departing or arriving from the New York airport (JFK).
The airports concerned are :
- Mohammed V Airport (CMN) at Terminal 3 for departures and at Terminal 2 for arrivals.
- New York Airport (JFK) at Terminal 1.
- A copy of the entire regulations can be consulted free of charge (on request).
You can also view the rules by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.PREPARING FOR YOUR TRIP
Reduced mobility (motor, visual, hearing or mental) Do you use a wheelchair or other walking aids?
Royal Air Maroc offers a range of services from booking to disembarkation, for a stress free journey...
You will be asked to provide a medical certificate for the following exceptions :
- If you are travelling on a stretcher or incubator
- If you need medical oxygen during the flight
- If you have a contagious disease
- If your medical condition means that you are at risk when travelling without medical assistance during the flight.
In case of specific needs, we require notification in advance on a flight for the following services:
- 72 hours in advance to request medical oxygen during flight
- 48 hours in advance to use your own POC (Portable Oxygen Concentrator).
- Transport of an incubator.
- Stretcher (STCR). .
- Transport of a group of 10 passengers or more with reduced mobility travelling together.
- Transport on board of an animal (dog) for emotional or psychiatric support.
- Transport of a dog on board a flight when the duration of flight is greater than or equal to 8 hours.
- Transport of a visually and hearing impaired passenger.
- Transport of any dangerous material requiring special packaging.
You can request specific services when booking your trip.
Among the services offered, special meals (gluten-free meals, low cholesterol meals, etc.) can be served on board – remember to mention this at the time of booking.
Flight Information :
Royal Air Maroc staff are at your disposal to provide all the information to plan your trip in complete peace of mind :
- The location of seats with movable armrests by row and seat number.
- The location of the seats unsuitable for people with limited mobility (exit rows).
- The availability of equipment, level or lift boarding.
- Limitations on the possibility of loading, mobility equipment or other equipment in cabin or hold including the loading of wheelchairs
- If the aircraft is equipped with accessible toilets..
- The availability or not, on board, of the various services for people with reduced mobility.
A safety assistant is required by Royal Air Maroc to accompany you during the flight in the following cases:
- If you are on a stretcher.
- If you are unable to understand or respond appropriately to the safety instructions issued by the Royal Air Maroc staff. So you can travel alone if you are able to understand and apply the safety instructions.
- If your degree of physical mobility is very limited and does not allow you to evacuate in an emergency. You can travel without a security assistant if you are able to physically contribute in the event of an evacuation.
- A safety assistant is a person of 12 years minimum, responsible for your evacuation. This person must be willing and able to actively and physically help you to evacuate, and must understand and be able to apply the safety instructions.
- A safety assistant can be a person accompanying you if they meet the requirements and are sitting next to you.
- A safety assistant can not be responsible for a person with reduced mobility and a baby or child under 5 years at the same time. They can not be the security assistant for several people with reduced mobility at the same time.
You can travel with a guide dog for free. You can also travel with an emotional/psychiatric support dog for free if you provide supporting documentation.Respiratory problems
You are allowed to take with you or use on board your own portable oxygen concentrator (POC) provided it is approved by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).
Please make sure you have the necessary number of batteries to operate the device during the flight (as recommended by the manufacturer, the sufficient number of hours of battery life, to provide not less than 150% of the expected maximum flight time).
Make sure that the additional batteries are packed so as to avoid damage and short circuiting.
Do not hesitate to ask our reservation agents about transport conditions according to the assistance required for your particular disability.
Royal Air Maroc will inform you about the expected maximum flight time of each part of your itinerary 24-48hrs before departure if you advise us that you plan to operate your electronic respiratory device during your flight .Portable oxygen concentrator (POC)
For portable oxygen concentrators (POC), you will be asked to produce a medical certificate * at the airport, prepared in accordance with the requirements of SFAR (Special Federal Aviation Regulation) NO.106.
The brands for the air transport authorised by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) are :
- AirSep FreeStyle
- AirSep LifeStyle
- AirSep Focus
- AirSep Freestyle 5
- Delphi RS-00400 / Oxus RS-00400
- DeVilbiss Healthcare iGo
- Inogen One
- Inogen One G2
- lnogen One G3
- lnova Labs LifeChoice Activox
- International Biophysics LifeChoice / lnova Labs LifeChoice
- Invacare XPO2
- Invacare Solo 2
- Oxylife Independence Oxygen Concentrator
- Precision Medical EasyPulse
- Respironics EverGo
- Respironics SimplyGo
- Sequal Eclipse
- SeQual SAROS
Do you need to rent or buy a portable oxygen concentrator? Contact one of the following companies:
- Air Liquide (Service Vital Aire)
Address: Angle Autoroute Casablanca-Rabat et route de Tit Mellil, Casablanca 20400 MAROC
Opening hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Telephone: 05 22 76 20 00
Calls answered 24/7: 05 22 76 20 76
Fax: 05 22 76 20 66
Email : email@example.com
- AVAD Maroc
Address: 01 rue ARAGO, Rés. Du palais IV quartier des hôpitaux CP 20370 Casablanca MAROC
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am-12:30pm and 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Telephone: 05 22 86 33 23
Calls answered 24/7: 06 63 43 86 31 or 06 61 32 25 58
Fax: 05 22 86 20 84
In addition to the normal allowance, you can transport the following baggage:
In the hold:
- wheelchair, electric wheelchair battery or any other orthopaedic device
- article required for a person with reduced mobility:
POC for respiratory problems
Identification of your baggage:
For the identification and prompt return of your baggage, a special label "Priority baggage" will be fixed to all your baggage, including your wheelchair.
Handling of your wheelchair (or other items/personal mobility devices)
Are you travelling with a wheelchair or other personal mobility devices? Check in one hour before the opening time for the public.
In case you do not show up an hour before the flight, Royal Air Maroc will do their utmost to accept you, without delaying the flight.
If a wheelchair or other items/personal mobility device can not be stored in the cabin, for reasons of safety/security or lack of room , Royal Air Maroc staff will put the article in the hold.
If you have a wheelchair using wet batteries (not reversible batteries), you will need to supply a packing box for the batteries at check-in, and the necessary tools for removing and installing the batteries.
These items will be given priority in the hold over any other items.
However, they must meet the accepted standards and loading requirements.
Assistance at the airport:
Need assistance? Do not hesitate to let us know: Royal Air Maroc will provide assistance for the following situations:
- Transport from one boarding gate to another if in transit to/from a flight to/from the USA *.
- If there are two different airline companies, the company of the first flight is generally responsible for the transfer.
- Assistance to the terminal entrance, through the terminal to the boarding gate, or the boarding gate to the entrance of the terminal, including access to shops, baggage hall and immigration services.
- If you are travelling with an animal (dog), Royal Air Maroc will escort you to a relieving area if requested.
- Unable to carry your baggage (hand or checked baggage) to the boarding gate? Royal Air Maroc will take care of your baggage.
Do you have reduced mobility? Royal Air Maroc will not impose restrictions that would not apply to other passengers, such as:
- Restricting your movements within the terminal.
- Insisting on you staying in a waiting area in order to be looked after (transport and accommodation).
- Asking you to sit on a blanket on board the plane.
- Asking you to wear a badge or a special identification.
- Asking you to occupy a specific seat on board.
Access to information for the visually and/or hearing impaired people:
Are you visually and/or hearing impaired? Royal Air Maroc will ensure that you have access to the same information as other passengers, at the same time as them and at all stages of your trip: Information about flight safety, tickets, check-in, delays and/or cancellation of a flight, boarding, connections and "Lost and Found".
Do you need additional time to board and find your seat? Royal Air Maroc provides a pre-boarding service. Remember to identify the boarding gate.
Royal Air Maroc provides prompt assistance when boarding and disembarking. This enables you to find your seat calmly before the arrival of other passengers. Do not hesitate to request this service.
This assistance includes, if necessary the use of wheelchairs, cabin wheelchair and passenger with reduced mobility lift truck.
Seat assignment (Seating Accommodation Policy)
To enable us to provide you with seats to suit to your needs, please identify yourself to our staff (booking and/or check-in):
- If you need a cabin wheelchair (and the transfer can not be done easily over a fixed aisle armrest), you will be allocated an accessible seat with moveable armrest(s).
- If you are travelling with a safety assistant or personal care assistant, Royal Air Maroc will assign adjacent seats for you.
- Are you are visually impaired and travelling with an assistant (for reading etc.)? Royal Air Maroc will assign adjacent seats for you.
- Are you are hearing impaired and travelling with an interpreter who will assist you? Royal Air Maroc will assign adjacent seats for you.
- Are you travelling with an assistance dog? Royal Air Maroc will assign on request a bulkhead seat level (a fixed seat next to the vertical dividers).
- Is your leg is in a cast or immobilised? Royal Air Maroc will assign a suitable seat with enough legroom, on the appropriate side.
Royal Air Maroc will make every effort to assign the best seat for your needs. Safety regulations prevent us from assigning you a seat in front of the emergency exits.ON BOARD
Information on board:
Are you are visually or hearing impaired? You will be given timely information, the same as the other passengers: take-off and landing procedures, information concerning flight security, flight delays/diversions, programmes or aeroplane changes which will affect reduced mobility passengers, weather conditions at arrival, information on services on board (drinks and menus) and boarding gates for connections.
Are you deaf and/or blind and require an explanation of the security briefings? Royal Air Maroc conducts individual and discreet security briefings, for those who need more help in understanding them.
Assistance on board:
To guarantee a stress free trip, our crew can provide the following services on board to ensure that your trip is as enjoyable as possible: assisting movement to and from seats, assistance in preparation of meals (opening packets and identification of food), assistance in getting to the toilet (with or without the presence of a cabin wheelchair), assistance in storage and retrieval of hand luggage (including aid items during the flight).
Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
With Royal Air Maroc your dog travels free, subject to certain conditions:
- If the animal can not be accommodated at your feet, you will be offered another seat where the animal can be accommodated. Our staff will make sure that your animal stays with you, whichever seat you occupy, unless the animal obstructs an emergency exit.
- You can travel with a guide dog for free.You can also travel with an emotional/psychiatric support dog for free if you provide supporting documentation.
- Only guide dogs and dogs for emotional and psychiatric assistance will be accepted.
Transport of articles on board:
Royal Air Maroc permits you to take with you on board the items listed below, provided they can be stored in accordance with the rules of safety and security regarding dangerous materials:
- Manual Wheelchairs (collapsible and/or can be dismantled).
- Walking sticks, crutches, walkers.
- Items for use on board:
- Prescription Drugs.
- Medical instruments (syringes, auto-injectors)
- Instruments for vision assistance.
- Portable oxygen concentrators.
If you plan to use an electronic medical device during the flight, please contact Royal Air Maroc no later than 48 hours before departure to determine the required number of batteries for your flight.
You can also view the rules by clicking on the following link