Terms and definitions

This search engine is a real-time application for entry regulations (i.e., passport, visa, health and transit requirements), provided and managed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). The content of this site is updated daily by a team of professional editors. All immigration information displayed is collected from more than 210 countries through an extensive network of airlines, immigration authorities, the World Health Organization and other reliable sources.
 You can easily obtain information based on passenger's nationality, embarkation point, country(ies) visited in the 6 days prior to the trip, transit and destination point(s).

Please note: at this moment, the Trip Information should be used for holders of "normal" passport only. For other types of travel documents, such as Seamen Books, government duty passport, Laissez-Passers, Titre de Voyage, military documents etc, please consult the Country Information. Also, please note that information published reflects the actual practice at the airport and cannot be used if intending to travel overland.

Below, please find definitions of the most important sections/terms used throughout the search engine.

   Airport Tax

Information is published only about airport tax to be paid by the passenger, mostly upon departure at the airport, in some cases upon arrival at destination. Information on the following kind of taxes is not reflected in this search engine:

  • taxes collected from a passenger upon purchase of the ticket;
  • taxes failed to be collected from a passenger (if applicable) at the time of ticket issue, which as a consequence thereof will be collected at the airport of embarkation;
  • taxes included in the air fare.

This information may be found in Country Information.

Alien residents

Alien Residents are those living in a country without having the nationality of that country. Alien Resident may be holding Aliens Passports or Alien Resident Cards issued to alien residents of the issuing country (e.g. US "Green Card"). Alien Passports may be passports issued to Stateless Persons and Refugees etc (information on those types of documents may be found in Country Information).

Baggage Clearance

Under the section "Baggage Clearance", information is published about the place of baggage clearance. Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry or at the airport of final destination within one country (under certain circumstances not at all).This information may be found in Country Information.

Crew Members

Crew members are persons travelling on duty in an aircraft during flight time and can be either operational crew who are assigned to duty on a flight, or deadheading crew, which can be pilots or flight attendants not scheduled to operate any portion of the flight, but who are being positioned by the airline to operation a different flight. Information on those types of passengers may be found in Country Information.


Currency regulations are given for import and export of currency based on normal travelling and hotel expenses. This information may be found in Country Information.


Customs regulations, including information on prohibited articles, are published for import and export of: tobacco products; alcoholic beverages; perfume; eau-de-cologne. Personal effects are normally not subject to restrictions. This information may be found in Country Information.

Exit permit

Exit permits entitle the holder to leave the country.


It is necessary to check carefully the health regulations of:

  1. the country of destination;
  2. the country of departure (also for returning if applicable);
  3. the transit stations. If only a landing will be made en route, "Certificates of Vaccination" should be checked as well;
  4. the country visited in the last six days prior to the trip.

To obtain combined VISA and HEALTH information:

  • select a country in the box NATIONALITY (mandatory)
  • select a country in the box ALIEN RESIDENT OF (optional)*
  • select a country in the box DEPARTURE COUNTRY(mandatory)
  • select a country in the box DESTINATION COUNTRIES
  • select a country in the box TRANSIT COUNTRIES
  • select a country in the box VISITED LAST 6 DAYS (optional)
  • select the button GET RESULTS

* only applicable if country of residence differs from passenger's own nationality

Departure Country

Whether a passenger needs a vaccination certificate or not depends on the country of departure and not on the nationality of the passenger. Select a country from where you are departing.

Endemic areas

Endemic areas are areas in which mosquito or any other domiciliary vector of Yellow Fever is present but is not obviously responsible for the maintenance of the virus which persists among jungle animals over long periods of time.

Infected areas

Infected areas are:

  1. municipal, urban or county district where there is a case of yellow fever that is neither an imported nor transferred case; or
  2. such a district where activity of yellow fever is found in vertebrates other than man.
Passengers carrying medicines

In order to avoid difficulties with customs or security authorities, those using medicines (especially if drugs contain or have been derived from opium) are advised to hold a medical declaration (preferably in English).


In case of missing/invalid certificates of vaccination passengers may be placed in quarantine or put under medical surveillance for the period of incubation, reckoned from the day of departure.

Visited last 6 days

Since the incubation time of Yellow Fever is 6 days some countries also request to present a vaccination certificate if having visited infected countries 6 days prior to departure.

Yellow Fever

Yellow fever is the only vaccination specifically required in normal travel, and is only necessary under certain conditions and for certain countries.

Merchant Seamen

Merchant Seamen are those holding a Seaman Book or Seafarer's National Identity Document adopted by the ILO member states (ILO = International Labour Organization). Seamen must travel on duty and hold a Letter of Guarantee of their shipping company. Information on those types of passengers may be found in Country Information. (Note: If no information exists on merchant seamen, the normal passport, visa and/or transit regulations apply.)

Military personnel

Some countries accept military identity documents as passport replacing document, whether issued to military and civilian personnel, other staff or family members. Information on those types of passengers may be found in Country Information.


Minors must also comply with the regulations for entrance in, transit through and departure from a country. Minors are not allowed to travel on a passport in which they are registered if they are not accompanied by the holder(s) of that passport.


A person's nationality can be established by checking the specific information under nationality or national status in his travel document (e.g. passport or national identity card). In general, permission to enter a country without a visa is based on nationality and not on the country which issued his or her travel document.

Dual nationality: a person may be a national or citizen of two (or more) countries and may therefore hold more than one passport or any other travel document. Such passenger is entitled to travel on any of these documents, provided the country of destination will accept these. The visa requirements will depend on the passport (or passport replacing document) used in each case.


In general, this service is intended for airline passengers travelling only for touristic purposes or business purposes. If not explicitly mentioned, information applies to both: touristic and business.


A passport is an official document issued by a competent public authority to nationals or to alien residents (mostly stateless persons) of the issuing country. You must hold a passport valid for all the countries to or via which you travel, unless:

  1. An exemption to that effect is stated in the entry (database) of the country(ies) concerned;
  2. You pass through a country without leaving the airport. A few countries do not allow this, in which case it is stated in the entry (response of the database) of the country(ies) concerned.

Certain documents can be accepted instead of passport. Those are, for example: National Identity Cards, Seaman Books or other identification papers or documents such as birth certificates, driver licenses, voter registration cards. If birth certificates are accepted, this means government-issued certificates (not e.g. hospital-issued certificates). The response of the system will display if those documents are indeed accepted as passport replacing document sufficient for entry. Examples of documents, which may be used besides normal passports are:

  1. Children's identity cards: issued to minors instead of a passport (e.g. German "Kinderausweis");
  2. International Red Cross passports, Laissez-Passer issued by the United Nations, etc (this information may be found in Country Information);
  3. Joint passports (family passports). Persons travelling together may hold joint passports which may be used to cover either:
    1. husband and wife with/without children, or
    2. holder of the passport and child/children under a certain age (not necessarily related), or
    3. two or more children. For travel alone such passports may only be used by the person named first in the passport.
    Examples: a wife may not use the passport for travel without her husband, or a child without its parents, or a younger child without the elder.

Some countries deviate from above regulations.


In this search engine, pets are considered to be either cats, dogs or pet birds and only apply to pets if they are:

  • accompanied by a passenger as personal baggage either in the cabin (if allowed) or in the hold of the aircraft;
  • not destined for commercial purposes.

This information may be found in Country Information.

Re-entry permit

Re-entry permits entitle the holder to return to the country of domicile. These permits are generally required for returning residents.

Refugees/stateless persons

Persons who are refugee or stateless for whatever reason, may hold non-national travel documents. These are described variously as "travel document", "Titre de Voyage", "Certificates of Identity", "Laissez-Passer" or even "passports".
 However, these documents may not always have the same legal effect as passports, and are valid only for limited countries and purposes. Information on those types of passengers may be found in Country Information.


TWOV stands for: transit without visa. Passengers complying with these conditions do not require a transit visa for the country concerned.
 Passenger travelling in transit through a country must be able to prove that they will continue their journey within the prescribed period. Unless otherwise stated they can do this by showing:

  • a ticket for the remaining stretches of the journey;
  • a ticket for the homeward journey;
  • a sum of money in the required currency, sufficient to buy a ticket for the remaining stretches of the journey or for the homeward journey. In addition, passenger must be in possession of the documents required for entry into the country of destination and transit through the countries en route.

Note: Some countries have strict transit regulations. Certain categories of passengers, even those proceeding by same flight and not leaving the aircraft, are:

  • refused transit or required to hold a (transit) visa; or
  • required to hold a yellow fever vaccination certificate.

These facts are published in the information of the countries concerned.


A visa is an entry in a passport or other travel document made by a (consular) official of a government to indicate that the bearer has been granted authority to enter or re-enter the country concerned.

 If you find something that, in your opinion, is not clear enough or perhaps incorrect, please write to the address mentioned below. This is in the interest of the entire travel industry and your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Email: info@timaticweb.com1
 Telephone: ++31.20.403-7944

1Email with full contact details and reference to the web site you have consulted receives preference in handling


Every effort is made to maintain the information as accurately as possible. However, regulations are subject to change and final decision as to admittance is at the discretion of the immigration officer of the country concerned (destination country). Therefore, no liability can be accepted in respect of inaccuracies or incomplete information.



(  Champ obligatoire)

Les champs marqués d'un astérisque sont obligatoires

Flight type
Premier parcours

, Champ obligatoire

Veuillez saisir "Départ"

* Départ airport list

, Champ obligatoire

Veuillez saisir "Arrivée"

* Arrivée airport list
Deuxième parcours

, Champ obligatoire

Veuillez saisir "Départ"

* Départ airport look up|

, Champ obligatoire

Veuillez saisir "Arrivée"

* Arrivée airport look up|
Date Premier parcours
Date Deuxième parcours
Flight date

, Champ obligatoire

Veuillez saisir "Date de départ"

* Open Calendar

, Champ obligatoire

Veuillez saisir "Date de retour"

* Open Calendar
Flight passengers
Flight payment


Avec Royal Air Maroc, vous pouvez réserver votre voiture de location en ligne sur toutes nos destinations et bien d’autres à travers le monde.

Réservez votre voiture



Recevez nos offres, promotions et dernières nouveautés directement et en exclusivité sur votre boîte e-mail.

Veuillez patienter...