Travel with animals
Here you will find all the information about the transport rules and prices to prepare your trip.
Pets (dogs, cats, birds) are allowed in the cabin if the following requirements are met:
1. The passenger must indicate when they book the trip that they wish to travel with their pet.
2. The animal must not weigh more than 8 kg including their container (except for guide dogs for the blind and partially sighted and for hearing dogs).
3. The animal must be placed in a solid container (crate, cage or basket) with air holes and its total dimensions must not exceed 115 cm (55 x 40 x 20 cm).
4. Animals must be transported with valid documentation, such as health and vaccination certificates and entry or transit permits.
5. A medical certificate confirming the passenger's disability is required for transporting service dogs accompanying passengers who are partially sighted or hard of hearing.
In the hold
The container must have a luggage tag with the name and address of the owner.
Damaged containers will not be accepted at check-in (lock needs to be in good working order).
There should not be any hay or straw into the container.
The passenger must indicate when they book the trip that the animal will be travelling.
If accepted, the animal travelling in its crate with its food will not be included in the passenger's baggage allowance. The passenger will need to pay the applicable fee.
Service dogs accompanying passengers who are partially sighted, hard of hearing or who have a physical disability, and their crates and food, will be carried free of charge as extras in addition to the normal baggage allowance, in accordance with the Carrier's Regulations.
Accepting animals for transport is subject to the passenger assuming full responsibility for them.
We inform you that pets in cabins and pets in the hold are not accepted on Royal Air Maroc flights to UK, and on flights which are chartered and operated by the Qatar Airways. *Following the requirements of the Spanish authorities, the transport of pets is strictly forbidden on flights to and from Bilbao.
Prohibits snub-nosed pet by RAM
- To be allowed to board, your pet should have its all vaccinations up to date.
- Any dog or cat travelling within the European Union must be identified with a microchip.
- It must also have a passport supplied and filled in by an accredited veterinarian. This passport means your pet can be identified and proves that it has been vaccinated.
- For all trips, remember to find out about current regulations in the departure and arrival countries (vaccinations, quarantine etc.).
Passengers must pay an additional surcharge for pets transported in the cabin, with the exception of certain cases mentioned in the table below:
Pets in cabin
Max weight 8kg including carrier. Permission to carry more than one animal per carrier provided. Total weight is not over the limit of 8 kg.
Animals in the Hold
The weight of an animal in the cabin must be less than 70Kg. Above that weight, the animal must be transported by freight.
Free travel on the entire RAM network in addition to the baggage allowance.
Rates for transporting Animals
|Flights Domestic||To/from Europe/Maghreb *||To/from Africa/America/Middle East***|
|Transport of Animals (3)||Pet in cabin (PETC) up to 8kg, container included (2)||290 MAD||640 MAD/70 €||1150 MAD/120 €/120 USD/120 CAD|
|Passenger travelling with a pet in hold* *(AVIH): Up to 23 KG||580 MAD||580 MAD/60 €||1730 MAD/180 €/180 USD/180 CAD|
|Passenger travelling with a pet in hold* *(AVIH): 24 to 46 KG||1150 MAD||1730 MAD/180 €||2880 MAD/290 €/290 USD/290 CAD|
|Passenger travelling with a pet in hold* *(AVIH): 47 to 70 KG||2300 MAD||2880 MAD/290 €||5180 MAD/520 €/520 USD/520 CAD|
If you have a connecting flight
- If your trip includes a connection, make sure that you have more than 2 hours between your two flights.
- You can actually only check your pet in for the first flight.
- You must have enough time during your connection to collect your luggage and your pet and then check them in again for your onward flight.
- If you are continuing your trip on another Airline, the latter's conditions apply to transporting your pet.
Prevention of the importation of rabies virus in the summer period to the countries of the European Union
We inform you about the new requirement of the French authorities from the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, about the travel conditions of pets from developing countries to European Union countries on RAM flights.
These animals traveling by air may pose a risk of introducing rabies virus into the EU territory, especially at summer period when the flow of travelers increases significantly. Several hundred of non-compliant imports are recorded each year in France related to the illegal introduction of pets that comes mainly from Maghreb (Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria) and Eastern Europe, countries where rabies remains endemic. This situation requires the placement of these animals under prefectural order of surveillance, or even for risky cases, euthanasia when the animal arrives to France.
In order to prevent the risk of transmission of the virus, the European regulation subjects the importation of a pet to a set of sanitary conditions which are harmonized by EU regulation (No 576/2013 and 577/2013)
Besides, animals accompanying travelers from developing countries to European Union countries must:
- 1. Be identified by micro-chip implanted under the skin.
- 2. Have a valid anti-rabies vaccination. The pet must be at least 12 weeks old at the time of the vaccination.
- 3. Have undergone valid serum titration of anti-rabies antibodies, with the exception of animals from a developing country, exempted from this requirement.
- 4. Be accompanied by an original health certificate provided by the competent health authority of the developing country and a model complying with the requirements of the European regulations.
List of the 27 Member States of the European Union: