- Get all information on our special assistance service reserved for unaccompanied children (UM) to ensure their safety and comfort throughout the trip.
- In requesting our assistance service for your child (UM Unaccompanied Minor), he can thus travel safely, without being attended to by an adult (parents or family members).
- They will thus benefit from the UM service that ensures your child receives constant attention and support from the company staff, from check-in until he is received on arrival by the person you would have designated.
Is your child travelling alone? At the airport, on board or by connecting flight, our Royal Air Maroc staff will assist him and ensure his safety and comfort. Aware of the importance and the responsibility of this task, be rest assured that we will take all necessary measures to ensure your child travels in comfort.
|Can you use our UM (Unaccompanied Minor) service?
|Under 4 years old:
|UM service is not available. Your child must travel with a companion over the age of 18*. (*) The companion may be under 18 years of age in the case of the father, mother or legal guardian.
|Minors 4 to 12 years old:
|UM service is mandatory for minors 4 to 12 years old. Your child will be accompanied by one of our agents from check-in to boarding, and will then be handed over to our flight attendants.
|Minors between 12 and 16 years old:
|Optional service for people between 12 and 16 years old. You can make your request at your Royal Air Maroc agency or at our call centers.
The number of beneficiaries of the service is limited according to the type of aircraft used, with a maximum of 4 unaccompanied children between the ages of 4 and 8 per flight, who must be notified at the time of booking. Unaccompanied children benefit from the UM (Unaccompanied Minor) treatment, which ensures constant vigilance by the company's staff from check-in until the child is received at destination. At the time of registration, the child is given an identification bag and the person accompanying him or her fills out a "UM route form", which must be signed upon arrival by the person specifically designated to pick up the child. This person must present a valid personal identity document, the "UM route form" and the signed release of responsibility. This service is mandatory on international flights for unaccompanied children between the ages of 4 and 12 and is optional for children between 12 and 16. The price of the UM ticket is the adult fare plus a surcharge of 50 euros or 100 euros per trip, depending on the destination. This service is currently free on the domestic network. The acceptance of unaccompanied children on RAM flights is subject to the inclusion of the contact details of the persons accompanying the child to the airport of departure and collecting the child on arrival, which must be included in the UM passenger's reservation file.
Booking the service
- Apply for this service at least 48 hours before the departure date. Fee:
- Enjoy our UM service, which is free on all our domestic flights all year round!
- The UM service is however not free on international flights for unaccompanied children aged 4 to 12. Available all year round, you apply for it when booking
- The UM service has a specific fee to be paid as you book the flight: contact our call centres or visit your nearest agency.
- The number of beneficiaries for this exception is limited depending on the type of device. For this, do not hesitate to request this service well in advance.
- When booking, remember to request for a Kid's meal 48 hours before departure.
- Book the flight well in advance to have a wide choice of seats.
- Children travelling as UM will not be put on the emergency exit-row seats
Preparing for the trip
- Before the trip, we recommend that you talk to your child and explain to him clearly how the flight will look like: care by the Royal Air Maroc ground staff, assistance by the hostesses on board the aircraft. In this way, your child will be reassured and can travel completely relaxed.
- Educate your child that the UM pouch that will be placed around his neck, must not be removed throughout the trip.
- Acceptance rules of cabin baggage also apply to your child's cabin baggage. (access the link)
- Avoid putting any valuable thing inside and remember to put his favourite blanket or toy.
Check-in at the airport
- We first check-in any child travelling as an UM (Unaccompanied Minor). To do this, you just need to go to one of our counters (Business class) in the different airports we serve. In order to check in your child on the flight, the person accompanying the child will be asked to submit the following to the check-in agent:
- The UM route sheet (fact sheet) and the disclaimer duly filled and signed. (download here). Submit three copies of each of these documents for each stage of the flight until the final destination.
- The UM route sheet contains
- The personal information of your child as well as his flight number
- The names and addresses of the people who will meet your child at the destination
- The signed authorization from the parent or guardian of the child.
- A valid personal identification document of the person accompanying the child. Only original documents are accepted (no photocopies):
- Your child should be in possession of current travel documents of the country of destination (passport and possibly a visa and a vaccination certificate). Always contact the local authorities of your child’s country of destination or departure to inform you about the regulations, documentation and visas they will need to travel.
- NB: Check-in at the self-service kiosks is not allowed.
- To ensure the safety of your child, the information sheet must be signed on arrival by the person expressly designated to pick up the child.
- Cabin Baggage: Acceptance rules of cabin baggage also apply to your child's cabin baggage. (access the link) Avoid putting any valuable thing inside. To ensure a comfortable flight for your child, remember to pack warm clothing, medication, his favourite blanket / toys /games and some basic needs (wet wipes etc.) Also put some candy or chewing gum to suck or chew during takeoff and landing. Since children's ears are very sensitive to pressure changes, this will avoid any discomfort. Your child's checked baggage will be delivered first on arrival.
- An identification pouch is placed around the neck of the child. Your child will have to wear it throughout the trip.
Reporting for check-in
- Please report early enough for check-in; at least two hours before the departure of the flight. In this way, all documents submitted will be checked.
- During peak periods (end-of-year holidays, school holidays etc.), we recommend that you report early enough at the airport which is likely to be crowded.
- Royal Air Maroc will take responsibility for unaccompanied minors only 30 minutes before check-in closes. You are also requested to remain at the airport until your child's flight takes off. After takeoff, stay reachable. In this way, Royal Air Maroc will contact you in case of any irregularities as the flight progresses.
- Note: The UM service will not be guaranteed if you wait until the day of the flight to request for the service
- Once your child has checked in, a Royal Air Maroc agent will take care of him; assist him from the customs formalities to boarding, where he will be entrusted to our staff on board who will take charge.
- To ensure maximum comfort for unaccompanied minors (UM) during their wait before their flight, an area has been specially designed for them at the Casablanca airport. Located in the bonded departure area, our UM lounge is designed to allow children rest and play before the flight (television screens, games consoles). This area has all the necessary amenities to ensure that each child feels comfortable: comfortable chairs, television screens, games (Play Station 3) books ... Photos.
- We will ensure that your child enjoys his flight
- Your child will also be boarded first. This will allow us to sit your child comfortably and put his hand luggage in the racks dedicated for this purpose.
- If your child has a connection at Casablanca airport, he will remain under the supervision of our Royal Air Maroc staff. In the case where the connection requires accommodation (duration more than 8 hours), Royal Air Maroc will not accept UMs.
- Be rest assured that Royal Air Maroc will pay special attention to your child throughout his trip.
- Once seated on board by one of our hostesses, your child will be constantly attended to throughout the flight. Our crew will ensure that your child will have everything he needs during the flight. He will also be well attended to during meals and when moving in the cabin.
- If the request was made when booking, your child will be served a kid’s meal, adapted to his tastes and needs.
- We will endeavour to offer your child an activity pack " Univers Magique " with many toys and games appropriate for his age (less than 2 years, between 3 and 6 years, between 7 to 12 years) to allow him play and have fun.
- Depending on the duration of the flight, he can watch many movies, cartoons and short films.
- Once the plane lands, we will ask your child to please remain seated until he is attended to by our staff.
- Throughout the Arrival stage, your child will be assisted by our ground staff. They will assist your child with the formalities and procedures on arrival and will retrieve his luggage, which will be delivered first.
- Your child will be handed over only to the person mentioned on the document filled at the departure station. The details of the person to pick up the child must be duly mentioned on the UM route sheet.
We inform you that for flights departing from Geneva, Unaccompanied Minor Passengers must be accompanied by an adult until the boarding gate. In order to obtain a pass for the accompanying person, the latter must provide a written authorization signed by the person(s) with parental authority if he/she does not have this authority, accompanied by a photocopy of the identity document(s) authorizing the child to be accompanied by a person not bearing the same family name.