- The following guide will provide you with all the information regarding the care of your child by us, and the requirements as a parent/guardian.
- By requesting our UM (Unaccompanied Minor) service, you will be able to have your children travel alone in complete serenity, without the accompaniment of an adult (parents or family member).
- They will benefit from the UM service, which ensures that your child is constantly monitored and assisted by the company's staff, from check-in until he or she is picked up by the person you designate upon arrival.
Is your child travelling alone? At the airport, on board or by connecting flight, our Royal Air Maroc staff will assist him and ensure his safety and comfort. Aware of the importance and the responsibility of this task, be rest assured that we will take all necessary measures to ensure your child travels in comfort.
|Can you use our UM (Unaccompanied Minor) service?
|Under 4 years old:
|UM service is not available. Your child must travel with a companion over the age of 18*. (*) The companion may be under 18 years of age in the case of the father, mother or legal guardian.
|Minors 4 to 12 years old:
|UM service is mandatory for minors 4 to 12 years old. Your child will be accompanied by one of our agents from check-in to boarding, and will then be handed over to our flight attendants.
|Minors between 12 and 16 years old:
|Optional service for people between 12 and 16 years old. You can make your request at your Royal Air Maroc agency or at our call centers.
The number of beneficiaries of the service is limited according to the type of aircraft used, with a maximum of 4 unaccompanied children between the ages of 4 and 8 per flight, who must be notified at the time of booking. Unaccompanied children benefit from the UM (Unaccompanied Minor) treatment, which ensures constant vigilance by the company's staff from check-in until the child is received at destination. At the time of registration, the child is given an identification bag and the person accompanying him or her fills out a "UM route form", which must be signed upon arrival by the person specifically designated to pick up the child. This person must present a valid personal identity document, the "UM route form" and the signed release of responsibility. This service is mandatory on international flights for unaccompanied children between the ages of 4 and 12 and is optional for children between 12 and 16. The price of the UM ticket is the adult fare plus a surcharge of 50 euros or 100 euros per trip, depending on the destination. This service is currently free on the domestic network. The acceptance of unaccompanied children on RAM flights is subject to the inclusion of the contact details of the persons accompanying the child to the airport of departure and collecting the child on arrival, which must be included in the UM passenger's reservation file.
General terms and conditions
- Make the request for this service at least 48 hours before the departure date.
- The UM service is available all year round and charged at the time of booking. Contact our call center or go to your nearest agency.
- You can book our "UM Special Assistance" service only through our call center (see list) or through our Royal Air Maroc agencies and travel agents.
- This service is not available on our website www.royalairmaroc.com.
- If you purchase a ticket for your child via the Internet and your child is between 4 and 12 years of age, you will need to book and pay for the UM service at a travel agency or by contacting our call center. After this time, we cannot guarantee the availability of the service, especially on the day of travel.
- Download and print the following documents that must be presented on the day of the trip: - A UM trip form with all the information about your child and his or her trip, allowing us to take all the necessary measures to look after your child. - A liability waiver. You can download the form here. These forms are also available in our agencies (access the list of RAM agencies) - Rules may apply in some countries concerning unaccompanied minors. Please contact the relevant authorities for more information.
- The number of beneficiaries for this exception is limited depending on the type of device. For this, do not hesitate to request this service well in advance.
- When making your reservation, please remember to request your child's meal 48 hours before departure.
- Book the flight well in advance to ensure a wide choice of seats.
- Children traveling as UM will not be seated in the emergency exit area.
Conditions of acceptance
- This service is not available for children aged 0-4 years.
- Children between the ages of 4 and 16 on the date of travel may travel alone (without the accompaniment of an adult) by subscribing to the UM assistance service.
- UM service is mandatory between the ages of 4 and 12 and optional between the ages of 12 and 16.
- If your child has a medical condition, please see our "medical clearance" section. In some cases, medical clearance is required and the child will not be able to travel as a UM
- The ticket must be confirmed for the entire journey.
- A child traveling as a UM cannot travel with an animal.
- Please note that the UM service is not available in the case of flights with a connection of 08 hours or more and requiring accommodation, as well as in the case of flights with a transit outside Casablanca.
Preparation of the trip
- Before the trip, we advise you to talk to your child and explain clearly how the flight will be: care by Royal Air Maroc ground staff and assistance by the flight attendants on board the plane. This way, your child will be reassured and will be able to travel in complete relaxation.
- Make your child aware that the UM bag that will be placed around his or her neck must not be removed at any time during the trip
- Carry-on baggage acceptance rules also apply to your child's carry-on baggage, so please avoid placing anything of value in it. (Access the link)
- To ensure a comfortable flight for your child, we recommend that you pack a warm piece of clothing, a blanket or favorite toy, some basic items such as wet wipes, as well as candy or gum for take-off and landing, as children's ears are very sensitive to pressure changes.
Airport - Presentation at check-in
- Please check in at least two hours prior to flight departure. This will allow us to check all the documents required for the service. During peak periods (end of year vacations, school vacations...), we recommend that you arrive at the airport even earlier as it may be congested.
- We give priority to checking in any child traveling as an unaccompanied minor. To do so, simply present yourself at one of our business class counters in the various airports we serve.
- In order to check your child in for his/her flight, the person accompanying him/her will be asked to present the duly completed and signed UM route form (information sheet) and liability waiver to the check-in agent, as well as to submit three copies of each of the said documents.
- The UM route sheet contains:
- - Your child's personal information and flight number
- - The names and contact information of the people who will be meeting your child at the destination
- - The signature of the child's parent or guardian authorizing the child to travel
- - Valid personal identification of the person accompanying the child. Only original documents are accepted (no photocopies).
- Your child will also need to be in possession of the appropriate travel documents for the country of destination (passport and possibly a visa as well as a vaccination certificate). Always contact the local authorities in the countries of destination or departure of your child to inquire about the regulations, documentation, and visas he or she will need to travel.
- In order to ensure the safety of your child, the information sheet must be signed upon arrival by the person specifically designated to pick up your child.
- Please note that we do not take responsibility for unaccompanied minors until 30 minutes before check-in closes. You are also asked to remain at the airport 20 minutes after your child's flight has taken off. After this time, please remain available so that we can contact you in case of irregularities or to inform you about the progress of the flight.
- Please note that UM service will not be guaranteed if you wait until the day of your flight to request the service and check-in at the self-service kiosks is not permitted.
- Carry-on baggage: Carry-on baggage acceptance rules also apply to your child's carry-on baggage.
- Once checked in, a Royal Air Maroc agent will take charge of your child, assisting him/her from customs formalities to the boarding of his/her flight, where he/she will be entrusted to our on-board staff who will take care of him/her.
- In order to guarantee maximum comfort to unaccompanied minors (UM) while they wait for their flight, a space has been specially designed at Casablanca airport. Located in the departure area under customs control, our UM lounge is designed to allow children to rest and be entertained before the flight (television screens, game consoles). This space has all the necessary amenities so that each child feels at ease: comfortable armchairs, television screens, games (Play Station 3) books... Photos.
- We will make sure your child gets the most out of his or her flight.
- Your child will also be given priority for boarding. This will allow us to comfortably seat your child and place his or her carry-on luggage in the dedicated racks.
- If your child has a connection at the airport of Casablanca, it will remain under the supervision of our staff Royal Air Maroc. In the event that the connection requires accommodation (duration > 8 hours), Royal Air Maroc will not accept UM.
- Rest assured that Royal Air Maroc will give your child the utmost attention throughout his journey.
On board / Upon arrival
- Once your child is settled on board by one of our hostesses, he or she will receive continuous attention throughout the flight. Our crew will ensure your child's well-being on the plane throughout the flight. He or she will be assisted during meal service as well as in the cabin.
- A children's meal, adapted to the taste and needs of the children, will be served if requested at the time of booking (at least 48 hours before departure)
- TOn some of our long-haul flights, he or she will be able to take advantage of the On Demand feature, which provides access to movies, cartoons and games to keep your child entertained throughout the flight.
- Depending on the length of the flight, your child will be able to watch a variety of movies, cartoons and short films.
- Once the plane has landed, we will ask your child to remain seated until they are picked up by our staff.
- Upon arrival
- Throughout the arrival process, your child will be assisted by our ground staff. They will assist your child with arrival formalities and procedures and will take care of baggage claim, which will be delivered on a priority basis
- Your child will be handed over exclusively to the person mentioned on the document filled out at the departure station. The contact details of the person in charge of collecting the child must be duly mentioned on the UM route form.
We inform you that for flights departing from Geneva, Unaccompanied Minor Passengers must be accompanied by an adult until the boarding gate. In order to obtain a pass for the accompanying person, the latter must provide a written authorization signed by the person(s) with parental authority if he/she does not have this authority, accompanied by a photocopy of the identity document(s) authorizing the child to be accompanied by a person not bearing the same family name.